Salisbury High School 2016-2017
One of the most exciting times of the year is upon us, Prom time. In order to ensure that all students have a safe and fun evening we would like to review a few dance guidelines. We hope our students have an enjoyable Prom.
Prom will be held on April 29, from 8:00 P.M. - 12 Midnight at The F & M Trolley Barn. In this letter we are outlining the procedures and behavioral expectations for the event. We are asking that you share these expectations with your parents. You must have this letter signed and returned PRIOR to attending the prom. Your ticket(s) will be held until this letter is signed. (Forthcoming with ticket sales)
|March 27 - 28||$45|
|March 29 - 31||$50|
|April 3 - 7||$50|
|April 10- 14||$55|
|April 24 -27||$55|
- Tickets for the dance will be sold before school, after school and during lunch in RM 221.
- Tickets will NOT be sold after 2:30 P.M. on Thursday, April 27.
- Any outstanding student fees must be paid in order to get a ticket.
- There are no refunds for tickets. YOU CAN NOT EXCHANGE A TICKET WITH ANOTHER STUDENT!
- Any guest who is accompanied by a Salisbury junior or senior who does not go to Salisbury High School must have filled out the Guest Dance form. Guests must be no older than 21 or a sophomore in high school. A Guest Form must be completed and must have a picture ID attached to guest form. Prom Guest Application Link
- ALL GUEST APPLICATIONS MUST BE TURNED IN BY APRIL 15!
- There will be NO re-entry. Once you exit the prom, you must leave the premises.
- Administrators, faculty members, and police officers will be on duty for this event.
- Behavior is to be in accordance with the SHS Student Handbook. Students engaging in dangerous, disrespectful, or unsafe behavior will be subject to removal from the dance, suspension, and/or expulsion, depending on the severity of the situation. Parents will be asked to come and pick up their student.
- Students determined to be in violation of the RSS Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Policies will be subject to arrest, removal from the prom, and consequences as per the code of conduct.
- Dresses should be in good taste and not be unacceptably revealing. If a dress is too revealing (a decision made by administrative and staff chaperones), the student may be asked to leave the dance. If in doubt have your dress approved. – Refer to guidelines below.
- We would like to remind students that our prom is a school and not a dance club event. The actions of some of our students, including inappropriate contact and extremely suggestive conduct while dancing have detracted from previous dances. If students choose to display this conduct, they will be asked to leave this school event by having a parent come get them.
- To help defray the cost of prom only dessert-type refreshments will be served.
- All school fees must be paid in order to purchase a prom ticket.
Some scholarships are available. This is strictly confidential. Please see Mrs. Etters.
Our goal in the implementation of these guidelines is the creation of a safe and fun environment in which our students can enjoy themselves in an appropriate and legal manner. Students who violate these guidelines are putting themselves and others at risk and will face the consequences as outlined above. Students should keep in mind that prom is a school, not a club or private event, and school rules and expectations apply.
Thank you for your support.
Guidelines for Dress
Formal prom attire may be classified as a tuxedo or dress suit, including a tie, bow tie, a collared shirt, and may include a vest. Shirts are to be worn at all times. Dress shoes must be worn while in any public building. Tennis shoes and athletic shoes are unacceptable. Jeans are not allowed.
Dresses may be strapless or include spaghetti straps. Bare or open backs are acceptable; however, girls should not wear dresses with excessively low backs.
Bare abdomens or bare midriffs are not permitted.
Two piece dresses and cutouts are not allowed to include side cutouts. Sheer/see-through fabric over bare areas is not acceptable.
Undergarments should not be visible.
See-through apparel and dresses with slits that are above the mid-thigh are not permitted.
Garments that are excessively tight or low-cut in front are also not acceptable.
Cocktail length dresses (short dresses) are allowed but can’t be excessively short …just above the knee is acceptable.
IF IN DOUBT SEE MRS. ETTERS … YOU MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE IF DRESS IS INAPPROPRIATE! DON’T PUT YOURSELF IN THIS SITUATION!